Did I hear you say, "What's all this mess?!!"
I'll tell you what it is.
It's hubby and I clearing out the pantry today, and re-organising the space so that we can start on our new 'get-healthy' diet.
Well..I said "we", but the reality is that it will mainly be me going on a 30 day elimination plan to detox my system. I'm trying to find the food culprits which provoke my asthma attacks and digestive problems.
We both have inflammatory issues as well, with arthritis and sinusitis etc..so I'm hoping we both end up benefiting from any changes the next few weeks will bring as I experiment in our kitchen.
The thing is, this Whole30 plan calls for the removal of a lot of the contents of our pantry as you can't consume any grains, sugar, legumes or dairy products while doing it!
It's going to be really tough. I know.
But I am willing to have a go and try to stick with it because I think the results will be worth it..especially if I lose some weight and can breathe better by the end of it!
And to start on a cheery note...my sweet husband just bought me these lovely pink roses.
Yep ...I really am lucky! :-)
You are the second person within 24 hours who has mentioned Whole30! The other person has been on it 2 months. Lost 18 pounds and is feeling relief from a couple of symptoms (if I remember right). Not sure I could be as disciplined as required.
ReplyDeleteHi Rebecca....I'm not sure I can be so disciplined either, lol! Going to be interesting to see what happens. If I improve my health even a little bit it will a great result for me. Thanks so much for your visit! :-)
DeleteOh Trish, what gorgeous roses! Hope your Whole 30 goes well. Thank you so much for your visit to my blog. I was delighted to see you stopped by. Susan
ReplyDeleteHI Susan, thank you for coming over to visit me :-) The roses are very pretty.. I'm lucky to have a hubby who loves to see fresh flowers in the house. I hope the Whole30 goes well too..I need a healthy change, that's for sure!
Delete... Hi Trish... I've never heard of Whole 30.... from your other ladies it seems to be a pretty strict diet ... I love to clean out my cupboards... I'm a bit strange...
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are beautiful... See you again soon... have a great day... Barb xxxx
Yes it's strict, Barb...not sure how I'll go but if I make at least some of the changes I should see some results. As of last night I've stopped having sugar in anything and grains will be next to go! xx
Delete