I'm enjoying the blue Granny's Bonnets that are popping up in the garden this week. Aquilegias are commonly found in meadows and woodlands in the northern hemisphere...but they are a popular choice for cultivated gardens everywhere.
Old fashioned flowers in a cottage garden delight me and make me feel content and at peace with the world.
I can't imagine not having colour and flowers to see every day...what a dreadful place this would be without gardens!
We are not the greatest at creating and maintaining one but we love to potter about and watch new life springing up season after season.
And in these warmer days, it's so nice to have a shady spot to sit outdoors and be able to look at the flowers and smell their lovely perfumes wafting in the breeze!
... Hi Trish.... I love your Granny's Bonnets.... they are a beautiful blue... I like seeing different flowers in the garden too.....Have a great day... Barb xx
ReplyDeleteHi Barb...I wasn't sure what colours they were until they opened..we have these deep blues and some very soft cream and pink ones..mostly self-seeded! :-)
DeleteOh they are blue and beautiful !
ReplyDeleteHello Marlynne..thanks for visiting me! Yes, they are a lovely blue and stand out nicely amongst the other plants. They are a good height too, a bit over 3ft. We should have more next year as they spread themselves around the yard :-)
DeleteBlue is my absolute favorite color in the garden! Not sure I've ever seen these! (Or are they what we call "columbine"? Our temperatures were in the mid-forty degrees here today. We're moving into our cold season, so I'll look forward to photos from YOUR part of the world for several months!
ReplyDeleteHi Rebecca..yes they are also called Columbines! I'm glad you enjoyed seeing them. Hope you don't get too cold too quickly over there. When your Spring arrives I'll be the one indoors stoking the wood-fire, lol!
ReplyDeleteI really like blue flowers, I have the plumbago but nothing else .
ReplyDeleteThe Granny's bonnets are such a pretty flower.
Merle........
Beautiful post!
ReplyDelete